Written by Avery Stauffer
Spring is here meaning warmer weather and time to get outdoors! Lancaster County is full of things for you to enjoy during these warmer months. Here are 10 Springtime Adventures right in Lancaster County.
1. Local Greenhouses. Lancaster County is full of local greenhouses that are perfect to explore during the spring season. Greenhouses like Esbenshade’s Garden Center & Greenhouse and Black Creek Greenhouse feature thousands of plants to enjoy during the spring months.
2. Middle Creek Wildlife Management. Whether it’s walking the beautifully paved .4 mile Willow Point Trail or driving along the self-guided driving tour path, Middle Creek is the perfect place to enjoy the wildlife and outdoors.
3. Warwick to Ephrata Rail Trail. Enjoy the seven miles of trail from Warwick to Ephrata that’s perfect for walking and biking. The Rails to Trails converts old railroads into walking, biking, and running trails all over the country. The Warwick to Ephrata trail is a great safe place to stay active outdoors this spring.
4. Local Golf Courses. Whether you are a golf expert or just a beginner, enjoy one of many public golf courses in Lancaster County this spring. Golf is the perfect way to stay active and enjoy the warmer weather.
5. Lancaster Central Market. Open Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 6am to 3pm, Lancaster Central Market has something for everyone to enjoy! Spend the morning exploring the more than 60 stands featuring everything from fresh flowers and produce, to baked goods and pastries, to hand crafted items and more!
6. Hot Air Balloon Rides. Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the beautiful colors of spring in Lancaster County. During flight you will be able to see gorgeous views of the farmland, Lancaster towns, and on clear days, the Chesapeake or Delaware Bay!
7. Dutch Apple Dinner Theater. Spend the afternoon or evening at the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater! Featuring excellent performances of well-known plays and Broadway musicals, the Dutch Apple surely will not disappoint.
8. Longwood Gardens. Just outside of Lancaster County, explore the over 1,000 acres of beautiful indoor and outdoor gardens. The breathtaking views and displays of Longwood Gardens are a must see this spring!
9. Strasburg Rail Road. Take a trip over to America’s oldest operating rail road to enjoy a ride to Paradise, Pa and back! Enjoy the gorgeous countryside scenery as you travel through more than 2,500 acres of farmland. Don’t forget to stop at Strasburg Rail Road’s Café 1832 to enjoy a home-made meal or snack!
10. Kitchen Kettle Village. Spend the day walking around the village visiting the 40+ local shops and restaurants. With multiple springtime events, like the picnic tasting tours and rhubarb festival, Kitchen Kettle is a great place to spend some time during the spring months!