March 23, 2021 // 3:38 PM
10 Things To Do With Your Grandkids In Lancaster County
Written by Avery Stauffer
Looking for things to do with your grandkids? There are many activities and places to visit right here in Lancaster County. Here is a list of 10 things you and your grandkids can enjoy together within a quick drive of New Holland!
1. Strasburg Rail Road. Take a trip to America’s oldest operating railroad to enjoy a ride to Paradise, Pa and back! Enjoy the gorgeous countryside scenery as you travel through more than 2,500 acres of farmland. Don’t forget to stop at Strasburg Rail Road’s Café 1832 to enjoy a home-made meal or snack!
2. Sight & Sound. Take your grandkids to see the Bible come to life at Sight & Sound Theaters. These breathtaking Bible story performances are a must-see in Lancaster county. Shows are available for regular shows on Tuesdays through Saturdays.
3. Tanger Outlets. Enjoy a day out shopping at the Tanger Outlets in Lancaster County! Tanger features over 68 brand name outlet stores perfect for a trip with your grandkids.
4. Dutch Wonderland. Ready for a day full of adventure and excitement? Experience the best kid’s amusement park in Lancaster with over 35 rides, attractions, and shows that are perfect for young children.
5. Rock Ford Plantation. Spend the day at Historic Rock Ford with your grandkids where you can learn about life during the Revolutionary War. Tour the mansion and explore the life of General Edward Hand as you experience the culture of early Lancaster County.
6. Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. Enjoy a day outdoors in the over 25 acres at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. With over 60 attractions, Cherry Crest has something for everyone. Play games like corn hole and ping pong, check out the bee barn exhibit, or walk around their “Amazing Maize Maze.”
7. Lancaster Science Factory. Perfect for children grades Pre-K -8, the Lancaster science factory is guaranteed to spark you and your grandchildren’s curiosity. Enjoy the over 75 science exhibits teaching kids about the basic principles of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
8. Kitchen Kettle Village. Whether it’s decorating a gingerbread man cookie or playing “I Spy” though the village, Kitchen Kettle has many different activities that you and your grandkids will enjoy! Spend the day walking around the quaint village visiting the 40+ local shops and restaurants.
9. Turkey Hill Experience. Do you and your grandkids love ice cream? Spend the day at the Turkey Hill experience where you will learn hands on how their well-known teas and ice creams are made and distributed. You can even create and mix your very own pint of ice cream in their Taste Lab!
10. Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area. Go for a hike on the beautifully paved .4 mile Willow Point Trail. This lakeside path is perfect for all ages to hike and enjoy the many different waterfowl and wildlife. Middle Creek also features a self-guided driving tour where you can learn all about the local habitats and wildlife.
To explore additional opportunities to make memories with your grandchildren, visit discoverlancaster.com.