Level 1 classes are seated programs during which exercises are done in a chair.
- Chair Aerobics & Tone This class uses a series of gentle movements designed to increase flexibility, mental awareness, general health, and reduce stress.
Chair Chi Seated Tai Chi is a gentle exercise to help increase flexibility, strength, fitness and balance.
Fitness Fun Come laugh and exercise! Improve flexibility, brain power and muscle strength by exercising with balls, bands, bars and hand weights.
Health Care NuStep exercise for residents in health care.
Weigh-ins & Tips Join us and learn ways to make small changes to achieve a healthier lifestyle with weigh-ins and group discussion.
Wellness Wagon Seated exercises with health care residents.
Level 2 programs combine standing and sitting exercises.
- Balance Class Simple exercises using your brain, muscles, and bones all work together to improve and maintain your body’s balance and keep you from falling.
Level 3 programs are mostly standing exercises.
- 5K Walks A walking exercise group. Join us for 1, 2, or 3.1 mile walks. This is great for cardio and balance! Meet at the Outdoor Pavilion (rain days meet in the Indoor Village Park).
Barre Workout Dance-inspired exercises for a stronger core and better posture.
Line Dancing Learn some basic steps along with twists and turns. Line dancing is fun, easy to do, and is a great exercise!
Men’s Fitness Class A men's only program using a variety of exercises to improve flexibility, strength and balance.
Scottish Dancing Social dancing in groups or sets. No partner or experience needed, just a pair of soft soled shoes.
Silver Foxes Exercise along with the Silver Foxes video and Sweatin’ To The Oldies.
Staff Zumba For Staff only. Zumba is a choreographed fitness program involving dance and aerobic elements, including hip-hop, soca, samba, salsa, merengue, mambo, martial arts, squats and lunges. Music uses fast and slow rhythms.
Tai Chi Graceful exercises using gentle flowing movements to reduce stress and improve balance.
Walk & Talk Get started doing basic exercises with friends. A walking warm up followed by strength exercises are the steps to get you moving and sharing.
Level 4 programs combine standing, sitting and floor exercises.
- 30 Minute Stretch Spend 30 minutes stretching your muscles. May combine standing, sitting, and floor stretches using stability balls, foam rollers, tennis balls and body weight.
Cardio & Tone A high-intensity cardio exercise program to tone up your heart and body.
Core & More Exercises effectively targeting your abs for a strong core to keep your body healthy and your spine protected.
Pilates $5 per class for GSV residents and staff. This is a system of exercises using special apparatus, designed to improve physical strength, flexibility and posture, and enhance mental awareness.
Yoga Led by Dawn Ekdahl; $5 per class for GSV residents & Staff. Call 717 445-0888 to register. This gentle therapeutic yoga course incorporates yoga postures and breathing techniques for active relaxation and mindful rejuvenation.
Level 1 – Low or No Impact
- Aqua Arthritis Program This is an evidence-based water exercise program for people with arthritis, related rheumatic diseases, and other musculoskeletal conditions. This class helps participants enjoy being more active by performing non-impact, gentle exercises in moving and stationary positions.
Learn to Enjoy the Water This program is designed to encourage, help you deal with water apprehensions and enjoy the benefits of water exercise.
Level 2 – Moderate Intensity Aerobic and Toning
- Aqua Fit Uses creative water techniques such as interval and cardio training, games, beach balls, barbells and noodles to improve and maintain your fitness level.
Aqua Tabata A HITT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout in the water. Requires maximum effort for 20 seconds with 10 seconds of recovery for each exercise.
Hydrotone Combines water walking and resistance training using barbells.
Water Works A steady aerobic segment followed by deep water exercise for endurance and muscle toning.
Level 3 – High Level Aerobics
- Water in Motion This workout increases your muscle strength and flexibility by using the water’s resistance along with noodles, barbells and rings.